Lisbon was a pioneer in the development of the Portuguese entrepreneurial ecosystem. The challenges brought by Covid 19 require special attention to one of the biggest drivers of innovation and job creation of Lisbon’s Municipality: their startups.
MEASURES FOR STARTUPS
• StartupRH Covid19: financial support through an incentive. The value will be equivalent to
minimum wage per employee (up to a maximum of 10 employees per startup).
• Startup Voucher extension: Three month extension of the Startup Voucher scheme (2.075€
per entrepreneur job).
• Vale Incubação — COVID19: Support for startups with less than five years of business
activity, through the contracting of incubation services based on an incentive of 1.500€ euros,
• “Mezzanine” funding for startups: a loan convertible into “social capital (supplies)” after 12
months, applying a discount rate that allows startups to avoid a dilution of investors’ equity.
Average investment ticket between €50,000 and €100,000 per startup.
• Launch of the Covid-19 — Portugal Ventures instrument: launch of the Ventures Portugal
Notice (Portugal) for investments in startups, with tickets starting at €50,000. Financial
initiative through the Financial Development Institution (IFD), Portugal Ventures and Imprensa
Nacional-Casa da Moeda.
MORE DETAILS: Access here